Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Who am I?

I am a Filipino with a very good command of Tagalog, my native tongue. Aside from being a Tagalog speaker for as long as I can remember (I am 36 years old), I have 17 years of involvement with various non-government organizations in the Philippines giving me the advantage of dealing with people (mostly Tagalog speakers) from different walks of life and thus enriching my skills with the nuances of the language as used by different groups of people.

My language and writing skills are as much the product of formal education as everyday interaction with people. I took elective foreign language subjects before dropping out of college in 1991, my third year as an Electrical Engineering student at the University of the Philippines in Diliman, Quezon City.

Since leaving the university, I have worked with various organizations mostly writing documents and literary pieces and translating articles from English to Tagalog and vice versa.

My most recent work is the Tagalog version of the Wordfast website.

No comments: